Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What if I'm not all that I'm cracked up to be?

What if...

I can't succeed?
I don't do a good job of taking care of people?
I actually get stressed out about something?
I don't go through life with a smile?
I can't make you laugh?
I end up working just to make money?
My family can't be proud of me?
I can't make people love me?
I end up all alone?
I stopped entertaining?


All that being said...I think sometimes I'm just scared that at the end of the day when I'm just Kristi without the witty sarcastic remarks, confidence, leadership, and people skills...what if I'm simply not all that I'm cracked up to be? What if when I'm just me ...that isn't enough. Even as I write this I hate it because I know that you want to be entertained and you don't want to know if I'm worried about something or not as secure as I'd like to be. You read something by Kristi Darks and thought that you would be made happier and I was a let down. All these things run through my mind with almost everything that I do, always making sure that I'm not too serious around most people so that they don't get disappointed. I know what people expect from me so I try to live up to their expectations. The most important what if in my life right now is what if I make the wrong choice and I disappoint God?! I'm supposed to do so many great things for Him in my life...what if I make the wrong choice everytime?!!? And if you know me at all, you know that I have a fantastic ability to make the wrong decision at every turn. Ha, oh man...I am overwhelmed.

No comments: