Thursday, July 10, 2008

Favor.

excessive kindness or unfair partiality; preferential treatment

God shows me favor. My Dad shows me favor. My Mom shows me favor. My sister shows me favor. My niece shows me favor. My grand-parents show me favor. My friends show me favor. I am reminded day in and day out of how absolutely beautiful my circumstances are and how I have nothing but wonderful things in my life. Mass quantities of people care for me deeply. I don't know very many people who can say that. I am sure I just sound overly confident in this moment but really it's a reminder that I'm not alone. That even as I live in this odd transitional period in life that at the end of the day I still won't be alone. That no matter how many friends get married or move away or just move on with their lives period that at the end of the day I'm still not alone. I am such a people person by the very nature of my being. I desire to love and be loved so intensely. I believe that God will always answer my prayer for people. I believe that if I ever get to the point in my life that I feel like there is nobody around who needs to receive and give love, then I am an idiot. Most importantly, I believe that if God's love is flowing through me, ready to be handed out whenever necessary then I will never want for anything except for more and more of the love of Christ.

To love and be loved. I am so excited about the life that is laid out before me. Those are my two goals, that is my incessant need. That is what keeps me awake at night and keeps my head spinning throughout the day. The urgent desire of my heart to love and be loved. Praise the Lord that these are high in the ranks of his desires as well!

No comments: